Science says it takes an average of 88 days for men to fall in love. However, it can often be challenging to discern if he’s truly fallen for you since there are many ways a man can express it. If you’re aware of a few significant signs, it will be easier for you to determine; therefore, this article has compiled 6 signs he completely fallen for you for your reference.
So, what are the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you? He shows you affection in many ways; he prioritizes you above everything, he envisions a future with you in it, he becomes emotionally vulnerable with you, he wants to make you happy, and he tells you, “I love you.”
This article will talk about everything you need to know to tell immediately if a guy is in his feels for you, plus other related information you could be interested in. Read further for more!
Knowing when a man has thoroughly fallen for you is helpful because it helps you cut back on losing time on relationships that aren’t leading anywhere. You could also avoid the stress and getting hurt.
1. He Shows You Affection in Many Ways
Out of all the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you, this has got to be the most glaringly obvious. Any man would want to express his love and affection to someone they’re head over heels for, whether you’re dating or on the road to exclusivity, because they can’t just help it!
Here are the many ways they show it, so watch out for these scenarios:
- He becomes touchy-feely. He’ll find every opportunity to touch you or feel you close. He’ll do this through hugging, cuddling, kissing, holding hands, massaging, patting your back, wrapping his arm around you, and even giving you playful punches (that don’t hurt, obviously!).
- He’s affectionate even in public. A man who’s fallen for you won’t be shy to show his love in public. You can see it in small gestures such as holding your hand or arm when walking down a street or giving your forehead kisses as hello or goodbye.
- He finds excuses to be closer to you. His constant efforts of being physically near you will be very apparent if he loves you. Whether you’re simply talking, watching a movie, or even other activities done in friendship groups, he’d naturally gravitate towards you.
- He gives you his undivided attention. The world could be ending, but it won’t stop him from looking at you with so much fondness and an intensity that will take your breath away. Watch out if he performs prolonged eye contact with you, whether intentionally or not.
- He spends quality time with you.If he really loves you, he devotes some of his time to spending it with you. He would take you out on dates, plan weekend getaways, initiate that you try out a hobby together, go on hikes, or even have date nights indoors.
- He tells you he loves you.Nothing can get more obvious than this sign. If he tells you the three magic words, accompanied by any of the actions and behaviors I’ve mentioned earlier, it’s clear that he’s all up in his feelings for you.
Ladies, if you’re in a relationship with a man, remember that affection is essential, and you should never settle for less. Affection helps strengthen your bond with your partner and has great health benefits such as stress and blood pressure reduction.
2. He Prioritizes You Above Everything
Out of all the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you, that’s all that matters.
A guy who’s in deep his feelings would want his partner to feel like she’s the center of his world and is, therefore, quite important to him. He doesn’t put you on the back burner and makes sure he’s equally putting in the same amount of effort you do, or even more!
Here’s how you’d know you’re being placed on a pedestal and not a second option in his life:
- He takes a genuine interest in everything you do. If you find a certain hobby or particular area of interest important, he’ll also find it important or, at least, he’ll also be genuinely interested in these things for you. He’ll want to hear everything about it and share the excitement with you.
- He shows up on time. Being punctual is a choice—one that a man who’s completely in love with you would choose every time. If you’ve set a date or important event, expect him to come on time. He also won’t cancel plans at the last minute or fail to reply to your messages.
- He goes out of his way for you.If he acts like he’s a knight in shining armor to save your day, it’s another one of the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you. He’ll fix your broken stuff for you, drive a million miles to come see you, and make other similar gestures.
- He listens to you intently.Not only does he actively listen to your needs and desires regarding your relationship, but he also strives to meet each and every one of them to the best of his ability. This is an apparent sign that you’ve just started dating and want to know each other more.
- He consults your opinion. Nothing’s going to make you feel more valued than when he asks for your opinion. He could ask where you stand on some pressing issues, especially those that are important to them, or even something as simple as a song recommendation.
- He remembers the little things. If he makes a throwback to something you said in a conversation a long time ago, chances are he’s completely fallen head over heels for you. He knows and memorizes the things you like—your comfort food, usual coffee order, favorite flowers, everything!
If you feel like you put more effort into the relationship than he does, it’s a clear indication that you’re not the priority you think you were. Your love and affection may be one-sided after all, so it’s best to properly communicate it with your man so you can be clear on where you stand.
3. He Envisions A Future With You In It
Another sign he’s utterly smitten with you is that he talks about the future with a hopeful prospect that you would be in it together with him. He would vocalize these visions to tell you he wants you to be a part of his life as much as he wants to be a part of yours.
If he does any of these things, he definitely wants you to be a part of his future:
- He brings up future plans together. He uses statements with a “we” and not an “I” because he considers you a part of these plans already. These could be anything like wanting a family down the line, marriage, moving in or living together, or buying a house!
- He introduces you to his family and friends. He wants you to be close to the people he holds dear in his life. When there are family or friend gatherings, he makes sure to bring you as his plus (and only) one. Making sure you get along with them would be one of his priorities.
- He talks about long-term goals with you. Whether it’s his career aspirations, travel or financial plans, learning new skills or languages, or getting a degree, he will share all these with you. He will also want to know about your own goals and determine how you can support each other.
- He’s ready to take your relationship to the next level. Another one of the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you is that he is serious about his commitment to you and your relationship. He’s not scared by the thought of a future with you, nor does he run away. Instead, he’ll look forward to it!
- He gives you the key to his apartment.Everyone values their personal space, but if a man willingly lets you in theirs and even prioritizes your comfort, it’s a big indication of how much you mean to them. It denotes that he trusts you and is probably thinking of living together someday.
- He tells you about his intentions.He will openly and honestly talk to you about his devotion and commitment to your relationship, that he envisions a future with you, and avoids giving you mixed signals about the direction he wishes to take with regards to you both.
Being in love ultimately changes the way you think about and perceive the future. One day, you wake up and realize that your life wouldn’t be the same without that special someone holding your hand through it all, which is why if he doesn’t see a future with you, he’s probably just looking for something casual.
4. He Becomes Emotionally Vulnerable With You
It’s a big deal to show any form of vulnerability to anyone because you’re essentially putting yourself out there for someone to critic or judge. This is why if he becomes emotionally vulnerable with you, it’s a sign that he loves you enough to share parts of himself he’s scared of showing anyone else.
To know whether or not he’s doing so, here are some scenarios you can look out for:
- He opens up about his past experiences and trauma.A part of the healing process is being able to communicate your experiences, so if he’s able to tell you about these events, how they happened, and what he felt, then it’s a surefire sign he’s in love with you.
- He lets you know about his fears and insecurities. He openly talks about his negative emotions (such as jealousy, anger, hatred, and disappointment) as well as personal struggles, not just towards himself but also toward others, without trying to deflect or cover them up.
- He confides in you. He tells you secrets he holds close to his heart that he has never told anyone or has only told his closest friends and family members. This includes his deepest emotions, feelings, opinions, and thoughts about a variety of things.
- He asks for your feedback.This is an immensely vulnerable act because he’s asking you to critique his work, behavior, or other aspects of him honestly. It means he wants to improve his connection and level of intimacy with you as well as letting you know you could express yourself.
- He’s honest about what he needs in the relationship. He effectively establishes his boundaries while respecting others communicates his desires and expectations, holds himself accountable when he needs to, acknowledges when he makes mistakes, and even apologizes for them.
- He tells you he loves, appreciates, respects, or admires you.And he does this without any expectations for you to reciprocate what he feels. That, to me, is one of the ultimate forms of vulnerability. He wears his heart on his sleeves, hands it to you, and gives you power over it.
Keep in mind that showing vulnerability isn’t simple—it takes a lot of courage for someone to become emotionally vulnerable with you. Additionally, if a man doesn’t want to do so, he must still have some baggage he needs to deal with, or else he’ll just treat you as a casual fling.
5. He Wants to Make You Happy
Although this may be the bare minimum in dating and relationships, you’d be surprised at the number of self-absorbed and selfish men there are. So, if he genuinely wants to make you happy, it’s highly likely that they have become enamored of you.
Look out for these actions as they may be attributed to wanting to make you happy:
- He changes himself for the better. A guy who took a fancy to you will work hard to be the man deserving of you, which includes making necessary changes to himself, whether physical, emotional, or mental, so that you, too, can fall in love with him.
- He gets to know more about you. This seems superficial, but it’s a definitive way of knowing whether he’s in love with you or simply in lust with you. He wants to know all the deeper-level information about you and takes mental notes of them.
- He makes small gestures. Things like leaving cute notes to make you smile, texting you often through the day to check up on you, cracking up jokes, complimenting you, being enthusiastic even about the little things, showing you how loyal he can be, and surprising you with things you like.
- He cares for you. Since your happiness and well-being matter to him, he will ensure that you’re well taken care of, you’re comfortable, and you’re free from any harm and danger. He ultimately puts your needs before his own, and that’s how you know he’s in totally in love with you.
- He spends time with people you hold close. He would make an effort to know your friends and family members well so that you can be happy that you’re getting along with them. He knows that these people are the ones you love and cherish and, therefore, wants to connect with them, too.
- He uses words of affirmation.He does this by consistently expressing his appreciation of your existence, communicating as frequently as possible, encouraging you on your hobbies and passions, and showing that your feelings, thoughts, and experiences are valid.
If it seems like he’s lighting up when he sees you smile or hears your laugh, he’s definitely in love with you, no question. It’s a clear sign of his love and attraction, and he reflects it on the things he does just to make you happy.
6. He Tells You “I Love You”
The last of the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you is that he tells you upfront that he loves you. As simple as it sounds, beware of empty and flattering words from men who may be trying to deceive you. How he says “I love you” and how he shows it is also important.
You can find it out yourself if these words aren’t just empty and that he truly means them through these:
- He shows it through his actions.Other than saying the magical three words, he also displays other forms of love through actions. This includes spending quality time, physical affection, giving gifts or small tokens of appreciation, doing favors, and more.
- He says it often.Consistency is key, ladies! If he constantly tells you he loves you, doesn’t hesitate when saying it, or doesn’t wait for any special events or “perfect” moments to express his love, he has definitely fallen for you.
- He says it in other ways. He just doesn’t simply say, “I love you.” He expresses them in other creative, funny, or romantic ways. One example is saying, “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” Again, this should also be reflected in his actions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you tell if a man loves you but is scared?
You can tell by his hesitant or push-and-pull behavior and attitude towards you. There may be reasons why he’s scared, but don’t let that hinder you from realizing that if a man truly loves you, he wouldn’t be overcome by his fears and, instead, would fight them just to be with you.
2. How do you know if he loves you or lusts you?
Differentiating love and lust isn’t as difficult as you think it would be. If he loves you, it will be reflected in both his words and actions; he will strive to get to know you on a deeper level and form a meaningful connection with you.
On the other hand, if he lusts you, he just wants you for your body. All he has for you is sexual and physical attraction, and he basically has little to no interest in you outside of the bedroom.
3. What makes a man deeply fall in love?
There are many things you can attribute to why a man deeply falls in love with someone. In a nutshell, it all boils down to emotional connection, physical attraction, personality, and sexual compatibility. However, there are other things to consider, such as respect, communication, and empathy.
Now that you know the 6 signs he’s completely fallen for you, I hope you can save yourself the time and effort you invest in a potential partner. However, it’s important to note that every relationship is different, so at the end of the day, communication is the key to helping things move forward.
Josephine Fuller is a contributing writer for dailytimesblog.com.
She is a Licensed Relationship Therapist, and She has been researching love and relationships for over 20 years. She specializes in relationship therapy, intimacy building, and existential exploration. She’s also an astrologer who uses the stars to explore and explain her unique perspective on life. With a special blend of wit, wisdom, and insight, Josephine brings the heavens down to Earth in her writing about astrology.